Street Fighting Woman: New Book by Janette Sadik-Khan Details Time at NYC DOT
Janette Sadik-Khan co-author Seth Solomonow released a new book on March 8, 2016, titled Streetfight: Handbook for an Urban Revolution and published by Penguin Random House.
Here's a sample of how media and other organizations have reacted to the new book.
- Writing for the Eno Center for Transportation, Emily Han pens a review of the book, describing it as compelling for its insights into the processes and controversies that defined Sadik-Khan's tenure as commissioner of the New York City Department of Transportation (NYCDOT).
- Next City offers an excerpt of the book, headlined as "Asphalt, Staten Island and the Adrenaline of Infrastructure."
- Also for Next City, Josh Cohen shares the news about the book's release and interviews Sadik-Khan on subjects that provide a primer on the methods and ideas that are detailed in the book.
- Streetsblog NYC will host a book party this weekend in Brooklyn. Please no drinking and biking.
- Finally, as a reminder that some are still fighting the reforms championed by Sadik-Khan, Steve Cuozzo wrote a blistering argument against the fruits of Sadik-Khan's labor, just prior to the release of the book.