Keep up with essential planning news and commentary, delivered to your inbox every Monday and Thursday.
Harvard University Graduate School of Design - Executive Education
HUD's Office of Policy Development and Research
Chaddick Institute - DePaul University
The Department of Municipalities and Transport (DMT)
- Transportation Trends for 2020 (And What Cities Can Do About Them)
- The Journal of the American Planning Association's Single-Family Zoning Debate
- U.S. Cities Where Homeowners Stay Put the Longest
- Analysis: Parking Won't Save Struggling Commercial Corridors
- A New Mixed-Use Superblock for Portland
- Coastal Property Ownership Contested as the Gulf of Mexico Rises in Louisiana
- The State of Public Meetings
- Vision Zero, Meet VMT Reductions
- Making Space for Corner Stores
- Miami Has the Most to Lose From Climate Change, Study Says
- The Smart Cities Revolution Happened, but Cities Were Left Out of Loop
- Congestion Pricing Has Mayoral Support in San Francisco
- The Complex Story Behind the Failure of California's Upzoning Bill
- Prop 13 on the Ballot in California—Just Not the Prop 13 Everyone's Worried About
- L.A. Officials to Look at Possibility of Car-Free Downtown Broadway
- All Vehicle Traffic Imposes Danger. Vision Zero Requires Vehicle Travel Reduction Policies
- N.Y.C. Parking Reform Takes Step Forward as Debate Rages On
- Real-Time Art Installation Reveals the Many Dimensions of Data
- Colorado Town Halts Development Ahead of Code Changes
- Opinion Writers Oppose Trump's Proposed Changes to Fair Housing Laws
Subscribe to Planetizen
Top on Planetizen
Top BooksAn annual review of books related to planning.
Top WebsitesThe best of the Internet—since 2002.
Top AppsPlanning apps for a brave new world.
Top Twitter FeedsEngage and learn with planning Twitter.
Top SchoolsThe definitive ranking of graduate planning programs.
Top UrbanistsThe 100 most influential urbanists.