Treasure Island's Big Mixed-Use Developments Bring Transportation Improvements
Michael Cabantuan details the proposed and under-construction transportation improvements that will provide mobility for commuters and residents of the new Treasure Island, as well as preventing even more gridlock from shutting down the Bay Bridge:
- "New - and safer - on- and off-ramps to and from the bridge are under construction…"
- New ferry service to and from San Francisco is planned for 2018.
- Increased bus service on Muni and AC Transit is being scheduled.
- "The Bay Bridge eastern span bike path, which now terminates just past the suspension-span tower, is scheduled to make its way to Yerba Buena Island, which connects to Treasure Island, next summer."
- Also, "residents will have to buy transit passes - and drivers will be charged tolls not only to use the Bay Bridge, but also to enter or leave the island." Details of the toll still need to be worked out, but Cabanatuan details the possibilities under consideration.