7 Ideas to Improve Transportation in the Pittsburgh Region
"A 10-county group known as the Regional Transportation Alliance released a report Wednesday with seven guiding principles and 50 ideas to explore for improving mobility in southwestern Pennsylvania," reports Ed Blazina.
The "Imagine Transportation 2.0" report includes recommends seven guiding principles:
- Optimize our existing assets.
- Prioritize connections to jobs and education.
- Embrace new operating models.
- Make flexible, future-proof investments.
- Adopt best management practices.
- Support multiple mobility options.
- Operate as an integrated system.
Specific ideas to explore include "improving entrances to the Fort Pitt and Squirrel Hill tunnels; large, new projects such as Bus Rapid Transit between Downtown and Oakland; and concepts such as a task force for transportation similar to Riverlife, which oversees development along the riverfronts," according to Blazina.
The "Imagine Transportation 2.0" report is an interactive, multi-media experience worth exploring for ideas about presenting planning ideas.