Feds Release Capital Investment Grants for Three Rail Transit Projects
"The Federal Transit Administration (FTA) yesterday announced a total of $300 million in federal funding allocations to three transit-rail projects in California, Washington and Arizona," according to an article published on the Progressive Railroading website.
The Capital Investment Grants (CIG) program funding will allocate $100 million each to:
- The third and final phase of the extension of the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Purple Line subway.
- The Federal Way project, which will extend Sound Transit light rail from Angle Lake Station in SeaTac, Washington, through the cities of Des Moines, Kent and Federal Way;
- A 5.5-mile extension of Valley Metro light rail, connecting downtown Phoenix with the South Mountain Village Core.
- Los Angeles
- Capital Investment Grant Program
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA)
- Grant Funding
- Transit Funding
- Public Transit
- Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Valley Metro
- Sound Transit
- Federal Way
- Purple Line Extension
- Rail Transit