Keep up with essential planning news and commentary, delivered to your inbox every Monday and Thursday.
Feds Release Capital Investment Grants for Three Rail Transit Projects
"The Federal Transit Administration (FTA) yesterday announced a total of $300 million in federal funding allocations to three transit-rail projects in California, Washington and Arizona," according to an article published on the Progressive Railroading website.
The Capital Investment Grants (CIG) program funding will allocate $100 million each to:
- The third and final phase of the extension of the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Purple Line subway.
- The Federal Way project, which will extend Sound Transit light rail from Angle Lake Station in SeaTac, Washington, through the cities of Des Moines, Kent and Federal Way;
- A 5.5-mile extension of Valley Metro light rail, connecting downtown Phoenix with the South Mountain Village Core.
- Los Angeles
- Capital Investment Grant Program
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA)
- Grant Funding
- Transit Funding
- Public Transit
- Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Valley Metro
- Sound Transit
- Federal Way
- Purple Line Extension
- Rail Transit