6 Ways Big Box Stores Harm Communities
The impacts of big box stores on U.S. communities have gone unrecognized for too long, according to an article by Rachel Quednau. To rectify that neglect, Quednau gathers a list of six points that explain the impact of big box stores on the American landscape.
- Big box stores are costing cities far more than we ever imagines.
- Most big box stores and suburban landcapes will not and cannot be retrofitted.
- Local cronyism is harming American cities.
- Big box stores are undercutting the American middle class.
- Most shopping malls will die.
- Underused parking lots are one of the biggest problems with big box stores.
Each of those points includes a link to an article explaining in more detail.