Big Transit Happenings Expected for the Sun Belt in 2016
Andrew Keets provides a snapshot of the Sun Belt cities expecting major transit upgrades in 2016. Los Angeles, San Diego, Phoenix, El Paso, Dallas, New Orleans, Jacksonville, and Orlando make the list, with projects ranging in size and scope. Here's a list to preview the projects described in more detail in the post:
- Los Angeles: Expo Line and Foothill Gold Line extensions open for service.
- San Diego: Mid-Coast Trolley begins construction.
- Phoenix: Three-mile light rail extension along 19th Avenue opens for service.
- El Paso: A second Brio BRT route opens for service.
- Dallas: Blue Line extension with two new stations opens.
- New Orleans: Expanded legacy streetcar system opens.
- Jacksonville: New leg of the First Coast Flyer BRT system opens.
- Orlando: SunRail commuter rail extensions begin construction.