APA-Texas Acknowledges the Great Places of the Lone Star State
The Texas Chapter of the American Planning Association has announced its 2018 Great Places designations, acknowledging places with "exceptional character" that also "highlight the role planners and planning play in creating communities of lasting value."
It's the second time APA-Texas has undertaken this Great Places program, and they hired Chet Garner, host and producer of the Daytripper, to help promote the program and the places that made the list.
The list of Great Places in Texas includes two neighborhoods, one street, and three public spaces:
- Downtown Bryan - Great Neighborhood
- Downtown San Marcos - Great Neighborhood
- Fort Worth Magnolia Avenue - Great Street
- McAllen Oval Park - Great Public Space
- Tyler Municipal Rose Garden - Great Public Space
- Waco Suspension Bridge - Great Public Space
A website announcing the program and the recent winners of the Great Places in Texas designation includes the growing list of past and present Great Places in Texas, along with the places in Texas that have been acknowledged by the national chapter of the American Planning Association.