2018 Planning Excellence Awards Announced
The American Planning Association announced the 2018 Planning Excellence Awards this week, recognizing five recipients for planning work of national significance.
The APA website has details on each of the five awards, which are asl follows:
- Daniel Burnham Award for a Comprehensive Plan: planOKC
- Planning Advocate: Rick Tollakson
- Pierre L'Enfant International Planning Excellent Award: 798 Arts District in Beijing, by Sasaki
- Planning Pioneers: Margarita Piel McCoy, FAICP
- HUD Secretary's Opportunity and Empowerment Award: Westlawn Gardens in Milwaukee
In addition to the five excellence awards, the APA also announced 16 recipients of the National Planning Achievement Awards—for Best Practice, Economic Development Planning, Environmental Planning, Grassroots Initiative, Implementation, Public Outreach, Transportation Planning, and Urban Design.
The APA also shared a video providing some visuals in this video of the five National Planning Excellence Award winners.
Congratulations to the 2018 National Planning Excellence Award recipients, whose achievements exemplify planners’ best efforts to create stronger, healthier, and more just communities. Kudos! pic.twitter.com/YOdFbqBvJk
— American Planning (@APA_Planning) March 28, 2018