APA Announces the 2015 'Great Places in America'
The American Planning Association (APA) "announced the country's 15 Great Places for 2015 through the organization’s national program, Great Places in America," according to a press release.
The Great Places in America program, launched in 2007, recognizes the best places in the country in the following three categories: neighborhoods, public spaces, and streets. One notable difference between this year's list and last: 2015 acknowledges 15 total great places, while the 2014 list acknowledged 30.
The APA's website includes details on each of the winners, along with a map and slideshow of images from each great place. The page also offers multiple access points to information past winners.
Without further ado, this year's winners:
2015 Great Neighborhoods
- Crossroads Arts District, Kansas City, Mo.
- Downtown Plano, Plano, Texas
- Roosevelt Row, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Wynwood, Miami, Fla.
2015 Great Public Spaces
- Balboa Park, San Diego, Calif.
- Flint Farmers' Market, Flint, Mich.
- Hermann Park, Houston, Texas
- Millennium Park, Chicago, Ill.
- Santa Fe Railyard, Santa Fe, N.M.
- Pearl Street Mall, Boulder, Colo.
2015 Great Streets
- Third Street, McMinnville, Ore.
- Fifth Street, Dayton, Ohio
- Laura Street, Jacksonville, Fla.
- Lexington Avenue, Asheville, N.C.
- Olvera Street, Los Angeles, Calif.