Seven Social Capital Building Blocks
"Personally, I consider the social leg to be the most critical, as I'm unconvinced that we'll ever be able to effectively handle the challenges of the other two - especially at the local level in times of turmoil and change - in the absence of the rich social networks that used to define us."
"Get reconnected first. Then save the planet and the economy."
Scott Doyon goes on to answer the municipal question: "Where do we start" with seven steps that include:
- Good governance (aka trust)
- Walkable, connected, mixed-use character
- Parks and gardens (and who manages them)
- Partnerships (businesses, institutions, nonprofits, associations, advocates, residents)
- Neighborhood-responsive schools
- Tree culture
Plus, he's asking us to add to the list.
Thanks to Hazel Borys