Waze Index Ranks Driver Satisfaction
"Waze evaluated the driving experience of 50 million users in 32 countries and 167 metro areas to create the world’s first 'Driver Satisfaction Index,'" according to a post on the Waze website.
The index assigns a single numerical score from satisfying (10) to miserable (1), assessing six factors:
- Traffic Level by frequency and severity of traffic jams
- Road quality and infrastructure
- Driver safety based on accidents, road hazards and weather
- Driver services like access to gas stations and easy parking
- Socio-Economic including access to cars and impact of gas prices
- “Wazeyness,” the level of helpfulness and happiness within the Waze community
The analysis yields a veritable cornucopia of clever little, Waze-branded infographics, along with some clear frontrunners in the world of automobile transportation. The Netherlands comes out on top of countries, according to the Waze Driver Satisfaction Index. Phoenix, Arizona leads all of the cities in the world.