Keep up with essential planning news and commentary, delivered to your inbox every Monday and Thursday.
Each Passenger Rail Line from Maine to North Carolina on One Map
The team that created the California Rail Map and a speculative map of a U.S. high-speed rail system is at it again. Alfred Twu and his colleagues have mapped each passenger rial line from Maine to North Carolina, to scale, on one free map.
- Amtrak Northeast Corridor, long distance and regional passenger rail
- Amtrak Thruway connecting buses
- Commuter rail in the Boston (MBTA), New York (Metro North, LIRR, NJ Transit), Philadelphia (SEPTA), and Baltimore/DC (MARC, VRE) areas
- Tourist and heritage railroads
- Light rail, subways, and rapid transit
- Some connecting buses and ferries