- HUD's Media Campaign To Combat Homelessness - Dec 08, 2000
- Seattle's Homeless Tent City - Nov 29, 2000
- Homeless Want To Be Homeless - Nov 27, 2000
- Silicon Valley's Homeless - Nov 14, 2000
- HUD Awards $85.7 Million in Housing Assistance - Oct 24, 2000
- Best HUD Budget in 20 Years - Oct 22, 2000
- County Must Answer for Lack of Affordable Homes - Oct 22, 2000
- Homeless Man Sues Over Closed Housing List - Oct 20, 2000
- Public Input On Homelessness Sought - Sep 20, 2000
- Down And Out In Dot-Com - Sep 14, 2000
- Sustainable Development Silicon Valley's Way - Sep 01, 2000
- Housing Crisis in Northeast SF Valley - Aug 28, 2000
- A Downtown LA Revival - Aug 13, 2000
- Santa Cruz's "Safe Sleeping Zones" - Jul 03, 2000
- San Jose Funding for Affordable Housing - Jun 29, 2000
What We Really Mean When We Say Gentrification
The focus on gentrifying communities has, in many cases, eclipsed the similar problems facing more stagnant neighborhoods.
Democratic Legislators Obstruct Funding for California High Speed Rail
Voters approved a $9.9 billion bond for the California High Speed Rail project in 2008. State legislators would like that money to be spent in other ways in 2021.
Why Tech-Utopian City Plans Fail
Like others before him, e-commerce billionaire Marc Lore wants to build the ideal city from scratch. Urban experts don't have much faith in his chances.
This six-course series explores essential urban design concepts using open source software and equips planners with the tools they need to participate fully in the urban design process.