Keep up with essential planning news and commentary, delivered to your inbox every Monday and Thursday.
Trump Tilts at Windmills
President Trump detoured into a discussion about wind energy during a speech delivered to Turning Point USA this week. Numerous media outlets called the remarks bizarre and devoted a fact-checking effort to making sense of the president's remarks.
The Hill provided a video of the remarks on Twitter. Right away, you'll hear President Trump claiming to have studied wind better than anyone else.
President Trump: "I never understood wind, you know I know windmills very much. I've studied it better than anybody." pic.twitter.com/0U432SgNA2
— The Hill (@thehill) December 22, 2019
For a sense of the media reactions to these remarks, here's a round up of news and fact-checking coverage, all from December 22-23:
- Future generations will look back on Trump’s latest wind turbines rant in awe and horror (Vox)
- Fact check: Here’s how the president is wrong about windmills (The Mercury News)
- ‘I never understood wind’: Trump goes on bizarre tirade against wind turbines (The Guardian)
- Days After Impeachment, Trump Has Found His Enemy: Windmills (Mother Jones)
- An Attempt to Fact Check Trump’s Rant Against Windmill Fumes (Slate)
- Trump rails against windmills: 'I never understood wind' (The Hill)
- President Trump lashes out at an old enemy: Windmills (The Washington Post)