Google Continues to Expand in San Jose
"Google has bought three office buildings in north San Jose from Cisco and struck a deal to buy a fourth — an unexpected move that sets the stage for another major job hub for the search giant in the Bay Area’s largest city," reports George Avalos.
"With the latest transactions, Google now has laid the foundations, through a wave of property purchases and leasing deals, for at least four distinct — and huge — employment centers in San Jose, including a transit-oriented development called Downtown West that would dramatically reshape the city’s urban core."
Previous Planetizen coverage of Google's acquisitions in the city of San Jose:
- Tech Giants Bank on Growth, Acquire More Space (March 2015)
- Google Planning Massive Expansion in San Jose (June 2017)
- Google's Second Headquarters and the Future of San Jose (December 2017)
- San Jose Wants 25 Percent Affordable Housing With Big Google Development (November 2018)
- Google Expanding its Presence in San Jose (May 2019)
- Google's San Jose Transit Village Plans Revealed (September 2019)