5 D.C.-Area Infrastructure Projects Jumpstarted by Amazon
"Amazon’s arrival will mean at least $195 million in new transportation infrastructure [pdf] from Virginia, on top of the $570 million it was already planning on investing into the area," reports Chris Slatt.
But wait, there's more: "If Amazon exceeds the 25,000 job benchmark, the state will make up to another $100 million in transportation money available."
Slatt proceeds to detail each of the planned projects that will benefit from that money, with a lot more detail included in the article:
- A second entrance to the Crystal City Metro
- The originally-planned South Entrance to the Potomac Yard Metro
- Improvements to the Crystal City-Potomac Yard Transitway
- A pedestrian bridge between Crystal City and National Airport
- Converting Route 1 into an urban boulevard