Keep up with essential planning news and commentary, delivered to your inbox every Monday and Thursday.
Weekly Electric Scooter Media Brief
There was plenty of media coverage about electric scooters to note this week.
- Electric scooters’ sudden invasion of American cities, explained (Vox, August 28)
- Uber 'to focus on bikes over cars' (BBC News, August 27)
- The Race to Capture Micro-Mobility: ‘I Don’t Think Any of Us Expected Scooters to Be the Thing’ (GTM, August 29)
- Los Angeles should embrace smart mobility policies that connect communities and create opportunities (Los Angeles Daily News, August 27)
- Columbus sets rules for motorized scooters (Columbus Dispatch, August 28)
- Denver to begin painting designated scooter parking (Denver ABC 7, August 27)
- Electric Scooter Services Return To Indianapolis Next Week (WYFI, August 28)
- Bird Cages (Yard & Company, August 15)
- In the battle of electric scooters vs. bikes in Charlotte, one is clearly winning (The Virginian-Pilot, August 29)