The Science of Smart Cities
Over 14 articles, Scientific American covers such topics as:
- meeting global challenges through cities
- harnessing mobile communications to create smart cities
- cities as engines of innovation
- why cities become more efficient as they grow
- life in the "meta city"
- innovations for livability
- green retrofitting
- rejuvenation through human capacity - e.g., teachers and entrepreneurs.
- the efficient city
- why 9/11 didn't result in the end of the skyscraper.
Articles are only accessible by purchasing the issue in print or digital download. Writers include Ed Glaeser, Anthony Townsend, and Robert Neuwirth.