A 12-Step Program for an Oil-Free Future

How can we redesign our transport system so that we can get where we need without burning oil?
November 9, 2004, 5am PST | Michael Dudley
Share Tweet LinkedIn Email Comments

"It can be done using reasonable, accessible steps and currently available technology...[w]e could meet all our transport needs without any oil transport fuel. We could use 86 percent less oil, and the remaining 14 percent could be replaced by biofuels." The steps include: staying home; walking; cycling; car-sharing; mass transit; electric & hybrid vehicles; and biofuels.

Thanks to Michael Dudley

Full Story:
Published on Monday, November 8, 2004 in Yes Magazine
Share Tweet LinkedIn Email