29th Annual Land Use Law & Planning Conference by UCLA Extension
UCLA Extension Public Policy
Friday, January 30, 2015
Millennium Biltmore Hotel
Los Angeles, CA
Fee: $455 before December 31; $495 after
Los Angeles, CA – Now in its 29th year, the UCLA Extension conference offers a big-picture view of land use law and planning practice, with knowledgeable speakers providing succinct and provocative updates on core state and federal case law and legislation as well as practice pointers on basic land use law and planning issues. The conference is essential for attorneys, planners, environmentalists, and developers who need to know how land use law and planning is changing and affecting their interests. The conference is hosted by the UCLA Extension Public Policy Program and is approved for 7 hours of CM (AICP) and MCLE (State Bar of California) credit.
Selected Conference Assessments and Topics:
- Monsters Under Your Bed: What Keeps Developers Up at Night?
- Quick Tips on Recovering Labor Costs for Preparation of the Administrative Record
- It’s What’s on the Inside That Counts: Project-level v. Program-level EIRs
- Supplemental Review: When Amendments to Environmental Documents Constitute a “New Project”
- When the Unusual Circumstances Exception to the Exemptions Requires Preparation of an EIR
- Economic Infeasibility: A “Reasonable Person” Standard
- Planning, Zoning, and Development Law Update: Hopers, Smokers and Gropers Edition
- ‘Double, Double, Toil and Trouble:’ A Brewing Cauldron of Public Records Act and Administrative Record Issues
- Quick Hits
Featuring a luncheon keynote address by John Laird, Secretary of the California Natural Resources Agency.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Beatrice Hsu –Senior Vice President, Development & Forward Planning, Related California
- Meea Kang –President, Domus Development LLC
- David Smith –Partner, Stice Block, formerly Senior Vice President, DMB Pacific Ventures LLC
- Amy Bricker –Attorney, Shute, Mihaly & Weinberger LLP
- Michelle Ouellette –Partner, Best Best & Krieger LLP
- Susan K. Hori –Partner, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP, Costa Mesa
- Steve A. Preston – FAICP,City Manager, City of San Gabriel
- Margaret M. Sohagi –President, The Sohagi Law Group, PLC, Los Angeles
- William Abbott –Partner, Abbott & Kindermann, LLP
- Tony Rice –Managing Partner, Rice/Englander & Associates
- Michael Garcia –City Attorney, City of Glendale
- Lloyd Zola –Principal, Metis Environmental Group
For more information or to enroll visit uclaextension.edu/landuse or call Ashley Morris at (310) 267-4264.
Posted December 5, 2014
Want to see more RFPs?
City of Scotts Valley
Gallatin County Department of Planning & Community Development
City of Basehor, Kansas