Car-free in L.A.: It's Not as Tough as it Sounds
Walker finds Landau's new book Car-Free Los Angeles and Southern California to be a great guide, not just for travelers, but for residents as well, who are looking to explore the city's arts and culture without using an automobile.
Some of the key recommendations from the book that Walker discusses are:
- Visit streets, not just sights.
- Stay in a transit-friendly neighborhood.
- Use the buses as sightseeing tours.
- Create progressive dining (and drinking) itineraries.
- Take a car-free trip to Santa Barbara.