Transportation Planning Program Manager (Program Consultant)
City of Austin Transportation Department
Experience Level: Mid-Level
AICP Certification: AICP Preferred
Salary: $83,000 - $110,000 (Commensurate)Apply Now
City of Austin is hiring!
The Austin Transportation Department is seeking an expert in the Transportation Planning field with demonstrated leadership experience to lead the City of Austin's Transportation Planning Program. This position is responsible for overseeing a team of Transportation Planners focused on Local Area Planning, Community Engagement, Regional and Environmental Planning. The Transportation Planning Program is responsible for the creation and maintenance of the City's award-winning comprehensive mobility plan, the Austin Strategic Mobility Plan (ASMP), and implementation of various elements and action items of the Plan. This position will work closely with the Project Development Program within the same division to advance multimodal roadway projects in the ASMP through Small Area and Corridor Planning efforts, overseeing their planning and community engagement elements. This position will also oversee the City's responsibilities related to the Capital Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (CAMPO) and other agencies' transportation planning initiatives in the region.
Preferred Qualifications and Duties
- Certified Planner (AICP) or registered Professional Engineer (PE) strongly preferred.
- Experience in Transportation Planning, Community Engagement, and Local, State, and Federal Policies.
- Experience managing large and complex projects, including short- and long-range plans, preparing and analyzing complex data and comprehensive reports.
- Experience working cooperatively with other departments, agency officials, non-government organizations, outside agencies, and members of the community. Including communicating with Boards & Commissions and City Council.
- Experience developing and monitoring program operating budgets, costs, and schedules.
- Experience in leading and managing a diverse team of transportation planners, engineers, and/or technical staff.
- The minimum qualifications for this position are a Bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture or related field plus five (5) years of related work experience including two (2) years as a project manager, OR
- Nine (9) years of work experience in engineering, architecture or related area including two (2) years as a project manager.
How to apply:
Please submit an application at: Jobs @ City of Austin | Program Consultant (Transportation Planning Program Manager) (austincityjobs.org)
Email: [email protected]Website:
Posted October 14, 2021, 1:05 PM PDT
Find your next career opportunity in planning and urban design.
HUD's Office of Policy Development and Research
Rowan University's Department of Geography, Planning, & Sustainability
City Of Oakland
Hillsborough County Public Schools
City of Raleigh