Planner II (Full-time) Job Description
- Washington, DC. / Philadelphia, PA. (Remote)
- 3-5 years (Urban planning, transportation, public engagement, community, public meetings, social media, civil engineering)
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree (preferred).
- Identifies and recommends appropriate technical procedures that should be used on a project
- Assists with identifying and analyzing transportation planning issues, including: Determining datasets required to bring forth the best answer.
- Provides interpretation on feasibility of implementation or concerns around the results
- Manages medium planning studies and analyses
- Coordinates and reviews technical work performed by other project team members.
- Writes technical reports and creating presentation of findings that have been presented to a diverse group of clients and the public
- Interfaces with client and community stakeholders
- Finalizes production of environmental documents, transportation plans and reports
- Finalizes production of graphics associated with public meetings, presentation drawings, reports, etc.
- Analyzes and presents the study result.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office, GIS, Adobe Creative Suite
- Serves as a Task Manager on small to medium sized projects
- Coordinates with sub consultants and in-house personnel on a regular basis to complete assigned tasks
- Coordinates and interfaces with the project team members during the course of a project.
- Coordinates with clients on a regular basis to complete assigned tasks
- Assist with developing project budgets and scope
- Communicates project resource needs to principal-in-charge
- Takes ownership of project assignments
- Displays initiative, adaptability, and reliability
- Networks with potential business prospects for teaming opportunities or to gather bus-in-ess intelligence and win more work
- Assists in the preparation of scopes of work, fee proposals and responses to RFPs
- Maintain an average 85% billability rate
- Facilitates and attends public meetings, which includes evenings and weekends
- Other duties as assigned
- Competitive Benefits Package