Market Analyst/Urban Planner
RKG Associates seeks new team members for our Alexandria, VA office who have a passion for understanding and communicating the connections between economics, real estate, and planning, and how those affect the communities we work in. Our work spans both the public and private sector and involves a combination of intensive data research and analysis, written and graphic communication, client interaction, and a focus on practical near-term solutions for our clients. As a leading national consulting firm, we work throughout the United States with clients ranging from small towns to major metropolitan cities, regions, and states to private developers and property owners.
RKG is hiring a MARKET ANALYST/URBAN PLANNER. The candidates for this position must have practical experience in urban and regional planning, housing, economic development, and real estate market research. The applicants must have excellent writing skills and be able to communicate complex ideas in written and graphical formats. Experience using ArcGIS and its practical applications for planning is highly desirable. The person chosen for this position will work on a variety of projects including:
Chosen applicant for this position will work on a variety of projects including:
- Economic Development Strategies and Plans - demographic and market trends analysis, labor/workforce analysis, target industry analysis, and site specific market analytics.
- Housing Strategies - demographic and household trend analysis, supply analysis, housing demand projections, affordability analysis.
- Economic & Fiscal Impact Analysis - Fiscal and economic impact analysis, impact fee analysis.
- Urban Redevelopment - Downtown revitalization, waterfront revitalization, urban neighborhood redevelopment analysis.
- Community Planning - Comprehensive master plans, corridor plans, neighborhood plans, housing strategies.
- Real Estate Analysis - Market analysis, highest and best use analysis, development trends analysis, development feasibility analysis.
Candidates must possess a familiarity with the principles associated with urban planning, regional economic analysis, real estate market research, and fiscal/economic impact analysis.
- Market Analyst/Urban Planner - candidates should have at least 1-3 years of professional experience as a research analyst in an academic or consulting/financial organization, with familiarity in demographic and economic analysis, GIS mapping, and real estate financial analysis. Candidate should have expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Working knowledge of Microsoft Access, Adobe InDesign, and Illustrator is also preferred. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of a Master’s degree with a specialization in urban planning/economics or development finance.
The position is full-time and available immediately. RKG Associates offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Salary is commensurate with experience and includes the potential for annual bonuses.
Please e-mail your cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Mr. Russell Archambault, Vice President and Principal, RKG Associates, Inc.