The Designer position involves working with senior design and planning staff providing urban design, 3D modeling, research, and graphic support for a wide range of clients and assignments. The Designer will be assigned to teams working on projects, which may include district and site specific design studies; real estate strategy, economic and community development visioning; programmatic analysis and diagramming; and other visualization and graphic design in support of a wide variety of work, including preparing proposals and marketing efforts. The Designer will have significant opportunities for client contact and professional growth.
- Provide planning and urban design support;
- Develop 3D models, maps and diagrams, including computer visualizations.
- Prepare presentations, reports, memos and other materials;
- Assist in business development including drafting proposals, preparation of marketing materials, and special projects requiring graphic expertise;
- Coordinate and provide support to project team members.
- Recent college graduate with degree in urban design and planning, and/or architecture and an interest in real estate, economic development, consulting, planning. Previous work experience and/or coursework should demonstrate strong urban design and graphic skills.
- Experience and proficiency with AutoCAD, SketchUp and/or Rhino, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, and ArcGIS.
- Self-motivated; ability to execute tasks independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor, especially when communicating with clients; an ability to actively listen to clients and teammates.
- High proficiency in organizational and time management.
- Fluency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- A passion for cities, neighborhoods, universities, and strong communities.
- Ability to contribute to and mesh with a collegial company culture, to work with grace under pressure and to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
Salary & Benefits
U3A offers a competitive compensation package, including salary, the opportunity to earn a bonus, and a generous employee benefits package. Salary and bonus reviews are conducted annually. The starting salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. U3A provides the following benefits:
Medical and Insurance: 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision care insurance, life insurance, and long-term disability; up to ten paid days of sick/medical leave per calendar year
Vacation: four weeks’ paid time off (PTO) per calendar year; nine paid federal holidays.
Retirement: optional self-funded 401(k) plan with employer match up to 4% of salary, eligible after one year of employment.
April 9, 2021.
Please email a resume, cover letter, and work samples demonstrating design experience to [email protected].