Keep up with essential planning news and commentary, delivered to your inbox every Monday and Thursday.
Principal Planner - Long Range Planning
The City of Henderson is seeking to hire a Principal Planner (Long Range Planning) in the Community Development & Services Department and to create an eligibility list that may be utilized to fill vacancies for up to one (1) year.
Under limited supervision, manages, plans, and coordinates projects and project teams in support of the long-range and current planning activities within the department, and performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Urban or Regional Planning, Public Administration, or a closely related field
- Five (5) years of experience in current, long range, or comprehensive planning and project management; two (2) years of which was at supervisory level
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered
- Must possess and maintain a valid Nevada or "border state" driver's license, as defined by NRS 483
- Desirable: Master's Degree and certification from American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP)
Oral Review Interview with Written Component (Weighted 100%) - Monday, January 27, 2020
(Best Qualified Applicants)
Selection Interview - Tuesday, January 28, 2020
(Top Scoring Applicants)