Keep up with essential planning news and commentary, delivered to your inbox every Monday and Thursday.
Senior Analyst - Venues
B&D’s mission is to positively impact our communities through the development and optimization of quality-of-life facilities. As a Senior Analyst with B&D Venues, you will work on a project team that advises clients in higher education, municipalities, and professional sports organizations. In this position, you will have the opportunity to conduct research, perform analyses, and lead client work sessions—activities that directly influence the project team’s advising on the positioning of assets such as stadiums, arenas, intercollegiate athletics facilities, recreation centers, sports complexes, and entertainment and innovation districts.
Be prepared to work directly with leaders in the industry, on highly visible projects, in a fast-paced environment. Your knowledge of sports and entertainment facilities development and management will be leveraged and expanded to execute strategic planning, market analyses, financial modeling, and P3 structuring. Your work will directly enable our clients' actions to better provide for their student-athletes, students, patrons, and other stakeholders—something we find to be meaningful and invigorating, and that we hope inspires you.
- Perform data collection and analysis (including research, in-person interviews, and telephone interviews) to gain market insights, leading and reporting on focus groups, and design/analyze surveys, space plans, and financial models with purpose and precision.
- Translate complicated information to prepare clients for effective decision-making. Develop accurate and organized presentation decks, financial models, documents, and other project deliverables.
- Assist in the coordination of project team activities, including scheduling and participating in client meetings/presentations and internal workflow. May serve as the primary or secondary management contact for clients, maintaining clear and continuous communications to ensure appropriate project progress and follow-through.
- Participate in business development activities, including attending conferences, writing articles, and developing relationships with potential clients and future B&Ders.
- Assist with the company's research and development efforts by identifying new analytical tools, strengthening existing models, and discovering improved ways of doing business.
- Take deliberate action to develop professionally in support of B&D’s strategic vision – including expanding your technical capacities for creating and analyzing financial data, improving presenting and written skills, and developing coaching abilities to support future B&D leaders.
The Senior Analyst may have supervisees on a project-by-project basis; informal coaching of an analyst and other junior staff is expected.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in business management, finance, real estate development, architecture, engineering, planning, construction management, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Three to four years of relevant experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, ability to work in an office setting, and willingness to travel (by car, air, or train) three or more times per month.
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Excel sufficient to perform mathematical functions, build variable dependent input-output models, and analyze data sets.
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing and presenting a cohesive report in Microsoft Word and/or PowerPoint.
- Resourcefulness in gathering and organizing data and information.
- Understanding of economic and real estate development principles (such as supply and demand, pro forma development, debt service, present value, return on investment, internal rate of return, etc.).
- Willing to take intellectual, emotional, and financial risks. You must dare to have great ideas, produce excellent results, and challenge existing standards and paradigms.
- Committed to excellence. We require quality thought, quality writing, and quality service.
- Predisposed to initiate deliberate, disciplined action. Work efficiently, use time effectively, meet deadlines with quality, take initiative, demonstrate flexibility.
- Be intellectually curious. A good employee is a problem identifier and solver. Problem identifiers are capable of thinking about a challenge from multiple perspectives. Problem solvers are excited about guiding solutions.
- Be entrepreneurial. Demonstrate a desire to create new processes and services, or enhance existing ones.
- Of high personal integrity. Our clients must be able to trust and rely on us to provide clear and accurate information. We must be able to trust and rely on each other.
- Ambitious for the firm. “It’s not my job” is always the wrong answer.
- Engaging. Develop and maintain high-quality relationships internally and externally.
Brailsford & Dunlavey is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Brailsford & Dunlavey participates in E-Verify.
- Office environment; moderate noise.
- Occasional evening or weekend work.
- Air and overnight travel is required.
- Office equipment/computers 8 hours per day.
- Sitting at desk or table up to 6 hours per day
- Standing or walking
- Repetitive wrist, hand or finger movement (while operating computer equipment)
- Eye-Hand Coordination (keyboard typing)
- Hearing and talking
- Extended periods of reading fine print
- Light to moderate bending, crouching, and stooping (filing)