Keep up with essential planning news and commentary, delivered to your inbox every Monday and Thursday.
Research Analyst II
Research Analyst II
About the Company
Economic & Planning Systems, Inc. (EPS) is a land economics consulting firm experienced in the full spectrum of services related to real estate development, market and feasibility analysis, public/private partnerships, and the financing of government services and public infrastructure. Founded in 1983, EPS has four offices—located in Oakland, Los Angeles, and Sacramento, California; and Denver, Colorado. EPS’s team of consultants serves clients throughout the U.S. For more information, please visit EPS’s Web site at www.epsys.com.
EPS’s Sacramento office is seeking to fill the full-time position of Research Analyst II. A Research Analyst will provide support in preparation of the full range of EPS work products, under the direction of a Project Manager. These work products include real estate feasibility, revitalization/redevelopment, public finance, fiscal and economic impact, land use policy, and other analyses.
This is a challenging position, offering professional development and a stimulating environment to the individual with the right skills and an interest in the interplay between economics and public policy in the development of cities and regions.
Technical Skills and Abilities
- Analyze data and prepare financial models.
- Database design and maintenance using Access and Excel.
- Conduct research using in-house, proprietary, and public information sources.
- Draft sections of reports, memoranda, and presentations.
- Interview real estate, planning, and other professionals.
- Support meetings with clients and collaborative consulting firms.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, planning, public policy, urban studies, business, or related field.
- Consulting experience preferred but not required.
- Solid computer skills, including all desktop applications; strong Excel and Access skills a must.
- Strong analytical and writing skills a must.
- Compensation—Salary: DOE.
- Full benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, Disability, Group Life/AD&D, vacation/personal time, and paid holidays.
EPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Please send résumé and cover letter to [email protected].