Community Engagement Principal
As Community Engagement Principal, you’ll ensure our microtransit services benefit local communities throughout the United States and enhance equitable access to transit by building strong relationships with leaders and representatives from across the public and private sectors.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Engage stakeholders in our partner communities (including business and civic leaders, ADA and transit advocacy groups, and nonprofits) and identify how Via-powered microtransit service can improve access to mobility and promote local/regional transportation policy goals.
- Develop outreach strategies, identifying key community groups and stakeholders with an interest in transportation and transit.
- Represent the community’s needs to Via’s operations and technology teams, ensuring that Via’s service benefits as many people -- from all walks of life -- as possible.
- Heighten the profile of microtransit by forging coalitions of people and organizations and evangelizing the value of on-demand mobility in a range of community forums.
- Care deeply about improving communities by enhancing access to employment and critical services through promoting investment in better transportation and infrastructure.
- Veteran campaigner -- you’ve run successful local campaigns for initiatives, office holders, and/or ballot measures.
- Natural persuader -- you’re an exceptional communicator, both verbally and in writing, and are effective one-on-one and in front of a crowd.
- Strategic thinker and doer -- you can articulate big goals but also know how to execute. You’re also a strong problem solver and can independently troubleshoot complicated challenges.
- Are excited about regular travel around the United States (+50% of your time will be spent out of the office).
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. We’ve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries and deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.