general nature of work: Performs a variety of administrative, technical and professional work in coordinating and enforcing the Greater Bemidji Area Joint Planning Board (GBAJPB) planning and zoning programs.
- Bachelor’s degree or two years of planning related post-secondary education and two years of experience in land use and zoning enforcement and administration; or
- Master’s degree and one year of experience.
Necessary knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong written and oral and listening communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of accepted planning processes and programs
- Working knowledge of personal computers including GIS
- Ability to evaluate difficult and complex technical research and prepare recommendations and reports thereof
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with public agencies and official, as well as the general public
- Common sense
- Demonstrated ability to write effectively
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment in controversial interactions with the public and other governmental agencies
- Grant writing experience is a plus
- Must possess a valid driver's license or have the ability to obtain one prior to employment.
- Certification as a designer and inspector of SSTS IAW MN Rules Chapter 7080 or the ability to obtain within one year of employment.