This report from Progressive Urban Management Associates outlines the ten trends that will impact downtowns over the next two decades.
"An updated 2007 look at the 'Top Ten Global Trends Affecting Downtowns' and how are they likely to affect planning and development decisions for the next 20 years in America's downtowns."
The top five:
1. Changing American demographics
2. Immigration trends and the role of cities as portals to America
3. Changes within the "Creative Class"
4. Traffic congestion and the value of time
5. Trends in health care/wellness/recreation
Thanks to Jon Cecil, AICP