The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) has two positions for paid, part-time (16 - 24 hours/week during school year, up to 30 hours/week during school breaks), administrative interns in the Office of Extraordinary Innovation (OEI).
We are looking for students interested in expanding their knowledge in the transportation sector. This internship provides the opportunity for hands-on experience in the transportation industry. Salary ranges from $14-$16.50/hour, depending on level of education.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Research, develop, and implement a variety of innovative concepts for improving mobility in Los Angeles County. This will include analyzing best practices from around the world, researching the successes and failures of similar policies elsewhere, gathering effective data with which we can develop new ideas for Los Angeles, and synthesizing large amounts of information on new technologies and models.
- Assist with development and implementation of Metro Strategic Plan
- Interface with community stakeholders, public agencies, and the private sector
- Participate in data collection and surveys
- Assist with public presentations and workshops
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be dedicated to completing assigned jobs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Potential candidates interested in this position MUST meet the following minimum requirements:
- Full-time student
- Upper division undergraduate students and graduate students
- Preferred majors in Urban Planning, Political Science, Public Policy, Economics, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Geography, or an equivalent combination of education and experience are encouraged to apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume along with a cover letter explaining your interest in OEI and the specific skills you would bring to help make OEI a success.
Please submit application by email to Ms. Glendora Walker at WalkerG@metro.net by Monday, May 1, 2017.
Please include the following phrase in the subject line: “Administrative Intern Position”.