Neighborhood Development Strategies Training Offered in NYC Metro Area this January
Date: January 16 - 17, 2014
Location: New York, NY Metro Area
This course is held in partnership with Broyland & Associates.
Register before December 5 and save over $100 on your registration rate!
Participants will learn how to identify the major neighborhood actors, their objectives, and strategies for redevelopment, in addition to understanding the process for creating a strategic economic development plan to meet the neighborhood development goals. Specifically, this course will examine social capital (e.g., linkages, networks, talent, etc.), environmental capital (e.g., stewardship, residual management, etc.) and economic capital (e.g., investment and reinvestment) facing distressed neighborhoods and offer solutions to address local needs.
- Asset creation, wealth creation, and enterprise development & expansion
- Housing development, real estate speculation, and tax-base stabilization
- Public and private sector role in combating inner city unemployment
- Examining historical and current neighborhood trends
- Performing leakage assessments and gap analyses
- Aligning strategic plans for multiple neighborhood groups
- Understanding the underserved needs for banking and grocery
- Working with media to share success stories
Diane Lupke, CEcD FM
Lupke & Associates, Inc.
Ms. Diane Lupke, CEcD, FM is President of Lupke & Associates, Inc., Consultants in Community Economic Development. Lupke & Associates, Inc. is a consulting firm specializing in market-based solutions for communities in economic transition. Since its founding in 1990, Ms. Lupke, her Associations, and Staff have helped more than 100 communities to identify niche opportunities, build consensus, and transform lagging economies with "new economy" methods. Ms. Lupke is an authority on the use of enterprise zones and other special tools for development, and she has twenty-five years experience in designing and implementing development strategies. Lupke & Associates has earned distinction for its work with distressed communities that face particular challenges: urban neighborhoods, struggling downtowns, and isolated rural economies.
Hilton Newark Penn Station
1048 Raymond Boulevard
Newark, NJ 07102
Phone: (800) 445-8667
IEDC Room Rate: $145 single/double
Cut-Off Date: Tuesday, December 24, 2013