Learn the Ins and Outs of Social Media for EDOs: A 6-Part Web Seminar Series
When: Tuesdays from October 22 to November 26 at 2:30 - 4:00 pm EST
Today's social media applications enable you to promote your community's assets beyond the traditional communications capabilities of economic development organizations alone. Social media enables communities to cast a very wide net. Without the limitations of 20th-century marketing tools, EDOs now have the ability to reach important audiences directly and immediately with fresh information, like the very latest announcements and press releases about new companies or facilities in the community, new pictures and video tours of available properties. Perhaps the most valuable feature of social media is that it creates two-way communication to build relationships.
With a deeper understanding of the latest tools and platforms available, your organization will be able to:
- Harness the power of networks to attract new companies and talented workers, support entrepreneurs, announce positive news about your community and invite key markets to visit and learn about your community
- Recruit ambassadors for your community to attract talented workers, visitors and new businesses for local industry clusters.
- Brand the community, such as one that focuses on local industry clusters, entrepreneurial environment or tourism, and spread it beyond local networks for attraction
- Stay competitive in a global marketplace
- Be part of conversations impacting your community. Announce local events and developments to attract citizens to support local businesses.
- Reduce your marketing and public relations expenses.
IEDC's 2013 Social Media Web Seminar Calendar
October 22: Economic Development Marketing - Metrics that Matter – Changing the Debate about Whether or not Economic Development Makes a Difference
October 29: Supercharging Business Retention and Expansion with Social Media
November 5: Engaging Talented Workers in a Global Economy
November 12: Community Branding Online: A Positive Presence in an Opinionated World
November 19: Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Become an Attention Hound
November 26: Economic Development Marketing From Good to Great: 8 Economic Development Marketing Tips to Get Your Community Noticed Today