Early Registration for IEDC’s Spring Conference Extended Until Friday, April 22 – Register Now and Save!
International Economic Development Council
Understanding Tomorrow's Industries Today: The Landscape of The Future
June 5-7 │ Indianapolis, IN
Register before THIS Friday, April 22 and save $100 with our early registration rates!
The International Economic Development Council's 2011 spring conference, held June 5-7, in Indianapolis, IN, will prepare economic developers for the transformation of their community's industries and provide insight on emerging opportunities.
The landscape and competitiveness of industries are changing dramatically - strengthening some sectors, while weakening others. Traditional industries have transformed, consolidated, gone offshore, or disappeared entirely – taking jobs and investment with them. As an economic developer you need to prepare for retaining your workforce, retooling your incentives, reorienting your marketing, revitalizing existing industries, replanting your "economic garden," and recruiting the industries of the future. We can no longer build rockets with stone hammers – we need to understand tomorrow's industries today. Learn how to identify emerging opportunities; attract, expand and grow new industries; and diversify your community's economy.
The Indianapolis economy was once predominantly based on a manufacturing sector with a particular focus on the domestic auto industry. However, today the region's economy is recognized for its diversity and growth in the areas of life sciences, alternative energy, value add logistics, and digital marketing and media. Indianapolis is also home to several cutting-edge initiatives in educational reform and workforce development. This dynamic and progressive city will provide a rich learning laboratory for conference attendees.
SESSION TOPICS INCLUDE:
• Innovations in Biotechnology: Improving Health and Creating Quality Jobs
• Altered Reality for the Commercial Real Estate Industry in the Next Decade
• Growing Entrepreneurs to Support Emerging Clusters
• The Digital Media Industry
• Lean, Green and Unforeseen: The Future of Manufacturing
• Logistics and Distribution: Developing High-Performing Supply Chains
• Show Me the Money: Financing Future Business Prospects
SPEAKERS CONFIRMED THUS FAR INCLUDE:
F. Norman Bafunno, III
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indiana, Inc.
Honorable Gregory A. Ballard
City of Indianapolis
Co-Founder & CEO
Executive Vice President
Secretary & General Councel
Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Inc.
Honorable John Fernandez
US Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Economic Development
US Department of Commerce
Economic Development Administration
WHO ATTENDS THE SPRING CONFERENCE
• Regional, state, county, and city economic development organizations
• Chambers of commerce and other business support agencies
• Community and neighborhood development organizations
• Technology development agencies
• Utility companies
• Educational institutions
• Workforce development boards and agencies
• Local elected officials, city and county mangers
• Entrepreneurial support organizations
• Regional Boards of Trade
• Ad hoc clusters organization
Posted April 14, 2011