IEDC’s Real Estate Development & Reuse Training Course
International Economic Development Council
Real Estate Development & Reuse Training Course
Date: April 9-10, 2009
Location: New Orleans, LA
Register by Thursday, February 26th and save $100!
REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT & REUSE TRAINING COURSE
As economic developers work to improve the communities in which they work, real estate development and reuse often comes forward as a popular economic development tool.
In this course, participants will be introduced to the land development process, with an emphasis on the role that the economic developer plays. Participants will learn about the various tools that are available at the local level, including tax increment financing, bonds, land assembly and eminent domain, in addition to the many federal programs available.
Instructors biographies: http://www.iedconline.org/?p=Training_Real_Estate_LA#instructors
- Overview of the land development process
- Market, site and financial analysis
- The roles of private, public and non-profit sectors
- Considerations when providing gap financing
- Local and Federal tools and resources
- An overview of brownfields redevelopment
- Issuing a request for proposal (RFP) or request for qualifications (RFQ)
Bob Lewis, CEcD
Robin Scott Hunden
Hunden Strategic Partners
Deborah McGill, CEcD
Industrial Services Team
EGS Commercial Real Estate, Inc
* This course qualifies as a professional development requirement needed to sit for the Certified Economic Developers (CEcDs) Exam. CEcDs earn recertification credits for participation. *
Posted February 11, 2009
Want to see more events?
Sun City Center Community Association, Inc
City of Mesa
Town of Gilbert, Arizona