Downtown Phoenix Urban Form Project Request For Qualifications
City of Phoenix
This project will include a review of the City's current land use regulatory structure, the development of updated regulatory mechanisms based upon that review, and the development of master plans for public spaces, public art, character districts, and multi-modal transportation. Key to these plans will be the implementation plan to guide the transition from what is to what will be in Downtown Phoenix.
Due to the development pressures on Downtown, new projects are occurring at an ever increasing pace. A set of comprehensive design guidelines for the Downtown is lacking, although a draft set of design guidelines has been prepared and can serve as the basis for comprehensive guidelines. A strong plan with implementation tools is needed to ensure that development quality is maintained
The City desires to have, at the completion of this project, illustrated design guidelines prepared for both the commercial and residential components of Downtown Phoenix, master plans to address specific elements of the built environment, and the proper regulatory structure to ensure their implementation. Additionally, the general themes developed will be adaptable to apply in each of the village cores located throughout the city, providing for city-wide design concepts.
The City desires to engage a qualified offeror to complete the tasks required to providing the following deliverables:
1. A public participation plan (to be developed first; will be utilized throughout the process)
2. Downtown Design Guidelines, with graphical examples (eight sections, one for each character area)
3. A Circulation Master Plan for entire study area, with a specific plan for each character area
4. A Public Art Master Plan for the entire study area
5. Public Spaces/Connectors Master Plan (for entire study area)
6. An adoptable ordinance that includes all the needed code changes
7. An implementation plan for the above plans, with timeline and measurement tools
8. A bound report of the background information (to be an appendix to the overall plan)
Any consulting firm, team or other organization with the appropriate experience may respond to this request for qualifications. Proposals are due by March 10th, 2005
Related Link: Link to RFP
For more information contact:
City of Phoenix
200 W Washington Street, 6th Floor
Posted February 2, 2006
Want to see more RFPs?
Tufts University Department of Urban and Environmental Policy and Planning
City of Grand Forks, North Dakota
HUD's Office of Policy Development and Research