Register for The Tools for Community Design and Decision Making Conference December 11-13 in San Francisco
TCDDM V: Information Technology in Action presents two Interactive Programs to Choose From
1. The TCDDM Forum featuring:
* Morning plenary sessions and an electronic town hall exercise with keypad voting and groupware.
* Afternoon workshops and panels where participants can watch demonstrations of new tools and learn how to use them, as well as discuss case studies of local governments using design and decision tools to solve urban and environmental problems successfully.
2. A Hands-on Digital Charrette where:
* Tool designers and attendees will break out into six groups to address the issues of a ficticious community called Edge City.
* Attendees can apply new technologies to realistic problems and opportunities in regional and neighborhood planning.
The Digital Charrette and the TCDDM Forum offer two approaches to learn about the effective use of information technology. The charrette provides an intimate exposure to a handful of tools and their direct application to regional and neighborhood planning and design. The forum offers participants an opportunity to choose from a menu of case studies, demonstrations, and discussions. The two programs will be integrated to continually inform and enhance each other.
Both TCDDM Forum and Digital Charrette participants will attend morning sessions including keynote presentations and the demonstration of electronic town meeting technologies to help assign principles and values to the charrette process, select a preferred scenario, and evaluate results.
Related Link: Register online at www.tcddm.org
For more information contact:
3719 West 32nd Street
Posted September 16, 2003
Want to see more events?
City of Scotts Valley
Gallatin County Department of Planning & Community Development
City of Basehor, Kansas