Keep up with essential planning news and commentary, delivered to your inbox every Monday and Thursday.
2020 Conferences in Planning and Design
Another new year is fast approaching and so it is time for Clement Lau’s annual list of favorite planning and design conferences taking place in 2020. Neither presuming to be exhaustive nor objective, Lau, a Los Angeles County park planner, writes about what he likes in each of the conferences.
Included in his preview are the following:
- UCLA Extension Land Use Law and Planning Conference (January 24, 2020; Los Angeles, CA)
- Active Living Conference (February 2-5, 2020; Orlando, FL)
- AEP State Conference (April 19-22, 2020; Yosemite, CA)
- APA National Planning Conference (April 25-28, 2020; Houston, TX)
- National Outdoor Recreation Conference (April 27-30, 2020; Knoxville, TN)
- A’20: AIA Conference on Architecture (May 14-16, 2020; Los Angeles, CA)
- CNU 28 (June 10-13, 2020; Saint Paul and Minneapolis, MN)
- APA California Planning Conference (September 12-15, 2020; Riverside, CA)
- Designing Cities 2020 Conference (September 14-17, 2020; Boston, Cambridge, and Somerville, MA)
- Conference on Landscape Architecture (October 2-5, 2020; Miami, FL)
- ULI Fall Meeting (October 12-15, 2020; San Francisco, CA)
- ACSP Annual Conference (November 4-8, 2020; Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
Please read the source article for Lau’s description and review of the conferences.