CEQA Project Manager
Greater Los Angeles Area, CA - Work from Home
Experience Level: Mid-Level
AICP Certification: AICP Preferred
Salary: $70,000 - $120,000 DOEApply Now
A CEQA Project Manager for Meridian Consultants has a planning-related background and experience with new development, transit, infrastructure, and other projects.
A CEQA Project Manager has the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis and has the primary responsibility to ensure all work products are of high quality, completed within defined time and cost constraints, and coordinate with in and out-of-house team members to ensure all work is consistent.
The CEQA Project Manager manages key client projects. Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. Oversee all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize progress of project.
This position is a Non-exempt position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Possesses effective problem-solving ability, excellent writing skills, and the ability to work with a team.
- Oversees multidisciplinary teams of professionals, including but not limited to architectural, engineering, air quality, biological resources, cultural resources, geology, land use, noise, traffic and transportation, recreation, and water resources.
- Uses working knowledge of topics related to air, land, and water to devise measures to mitigate environmental impacts.
- Integrates self into project and leads project team through all aspects of project development and completion. Participates as technical lead on projects.
- Serves as a technical resource to other Meridian staff by advising on the approach and implementation of project work.
- Exercises independent judgment while regularly advising senior management as needed.
- Communicates independently with clients, business associates, subconsultants, and public agencies.
- Manages projects to meet regulatory requirements with respect to applicable local, State, and federal laws.
- Relies on extensive experience and familiarity with the concepts, practices, and procedures related to planning and environmental analysis judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Exercise of a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Manages, develops, and monitors compliance with project budgets and schedules; prepares invoices; and participates in accounts receivable management.
- Assists principals and other senior staff in the development of client proposals, making presentations, and conducting business development activities consistent with maintaining and growing our markets.
- Represents the firm at meetings, business activities, and other industry functions. Makes presentations at industry and trade meetings regarding innovative projects and new approaches to achieving regulatory and technical needs.
- Direct experience completing a variety of environmental documentation projects related to urban development and infrastructure projects throughout California.
- Understanding of the environmental and planning industry, and basic CEQA/NEPA understanding preferred. Understanding of other federal, State, County and local laws and ordinances pertaining to the environment beneficial.
- Understanding of other regulatory agency requirements, such as those for the USFWS, CDFW, CARB,SCAQMD (or other air districts), USACE, SWRCB, and others as appropriate.
- Proven working experience in project management.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Office 365.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years of industry experience.
- Direct project management experience.
- This position will mostly remote; however, some in-office days may be required.
- Must live in Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, or Santa Barbara Counties and be comfortable commuting to/from our Westlake Village office from time to time. If you are out of area, please indicate whether you will be relocating to one of the areas listed above. Meridian does not pay for relocation costs.
- Must be comfortable commuting to public hearings within our Southern California project locations.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental science, urban planning, or a related discipline.
Compensation and Benefits
Meridian Consultants offers competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. We maintain profit sharing and 401k programs, and have opportunities for ownership participation. Compensation is determined at the time of hiring and will be commensurate with experience.
The salary range for the CEQA Project Manager position is $70,000 to $120,000 DOE.
Please fill out our online application by going to the following link: https://www.meridianconsultantsllc.com/ceqaprojmgr.
Be sure to include a cover letter along with your resume.
Posted January 24, 2023, 2:14 PM PST
Find your next career opportunity in planning and urban design.
HUD's Office of Policy Development and Research
HUD's Office of Policy Development and Research
Harvard GSD Executive Education
City of Culver City
Sonoma County Transportation Authority
City of Piedmont, CA