Urban Design and Environmental Planning, Assistant Professor
California State Polytechnic University
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona invites applications for a tenure track faculty ASSISTANT PROFESSOR position in the Urban and Regional Planning Department in an area related to the study and/or promotion of Urban Design and Environmental Planning.
Position description: We seek a candidate with demonstrated strength in urban design, physical planning, and/or environmental design, with secondary emphases in land use and/or environmental planning. The successful candidate should be capable of leading instruction and research in urban design and in one or more of the following areas: land use, planning law, sustainable community design, and environmental planning. We prefer candidates who are interested in teaching designed-focused studies. Lectures and seminars will vary based on the syllabus. The position requires teaching, advising, scholarly activities, and service to the profession, the department, college, and university. This faculty member will contribute to instruction and research in the areas of specialization and curriculum development for the department’s accredited undergraduate and master’s programs in planning. We are especially interested in candidates who will thrive in an inclusive environment and who can contribute to our department’s diversity through their teaching, scholarship, and/or service to the institution. We seek candidates who will further the department’s commitment to diversifying the urban planning profession.
Minimum requirements include:
- Ph.D. in urban planning, urban design, and/or related fields or two master’s degrees (one in urban planning or related field and one in design disciplines such as architecture, landscape architecture, or urban design.) (Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position)
- A commitment and a record of contributions to student success through the applicant’s teaching, scholarship, or service. This will be described in the Student Success Statement, which must address at least two of the inclusive excellence criteria listed above.
- Demonstrated expertise in urban design with interests in one or both of the following: land use planning and environmental planning.
- Demonstrated ability or potential to actively engage in the diversity and inclusive excellence of the academic community through teaching, advising, research, scholarly activities, creative activities, and service.
- Enthusiasm for teaching and a commitment to taking an active role in shaping the department’s curriculum
- Record of professional planning and urban design experience
- Record of mentoring & advising students, especially first-generation & students from historically underrepresented groups
Posted September 21, 2022, 4:54 PM PDT
Find your next career opportunity in planning and urban design.
California High Speed Rail Authority
City of Fargo, North Dakota
City of Crystal River