Planner (Urban Designer/Physical Planner)
PBR HAWAII and Associates, Inc.
Honolulu , HI
Experience Level: Entry Level
AICP Certification: AICP Not required
PBR HAWAII & Associates, Inc., a multi-disciplinary planning and landscape architecture firm, is seeking a full-time planner (entry-level to 5 years of experience) with urban design/physical planning experience for our Honolulu office.
Required qualifications include:
- An undergraduate degree or higher in urban design, architecture, landscape architecture, urban planning, geography, or other architecture/planning-related field;
Work experience in urban design, land planning, master planning, and site planning at varying scales and densities (for entry-level individuals, course work from an accredited University may substitute for a lack of work experience);
- Strong research, analytical, writing, organizational, and graphic communication skills (including comfort with hand drawing);
- Focused attention to detail, accuracy, and meeting deadlines;
- Competency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; and
- Employee conduct and behavior necessary in maintaining a productive and positive work environment.
Additional desirable qualifications include:
- Familiarity with GIS and 3-D modeling software (such as Sketch-up and Rhino);
- An understanding of Hawai‘i State and County land use regulations;
- Oral communication skills; and
- Project management capability proportionate with experience.
PBR HAWAII & Associates, Inc. is a locally owned Hawai‘i-based company. We offer a range of career opportunities for our planners/urban designers to engage in public and private sector projects of varying scales and complexity; including preparing land use master plans, site plans, urban design studies, design guidelines, community plans, and entitlement applications. The position entails collaboration with planners and landscape architects in our office, working with outside technical consultants, and interfacing with clients and governmental agencies.
Salary is commensurate with the requirements of this position with consideration given for experience. Excellent benefits provided.
If interested please reply with: a letter of interest, your resume, a list of references, a portfolio or graphic examples (including both hand-drawn and computer generated work products), and two writing samples—one of which should be a brief project or master plan description, letter or memo and the other should be of longer length that highlights your research, analytical, and critical thinking skills, as well as your attention to detail.
Applicants who do not provide the requested information will not be considered. Applications will be considered active for 60 days; if you have not heard from PBR HAWAII by then, you may consider your application not accepted.
Please reply to: Celeste Yonamine, Chief Financial Officer
PBR HAWAII & Associates, Inc.
1001 Bishop Street, Suite 650
Honolulu, HI 96813
E-mail: [email protected]
No phone calls please.
PBR HAWAII is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Email: [email protected]Website:
Posted October 11, 2021, 8:55 AM PDT
Find your next career opportunity in planning and urban design.
Rowan University's Department of Geography, Planning, & Sustainability
HUD's Office of Policy Development and Research