Project Manager - Planning
Raimi + Associates
Experience Level: Senior
Salary: Generous benefits package includes a competitive salary; fully paid medical, dental, and vision; vacation and sick days; retirement account and company-sponsored contributions; and time and resources for professional development.
About This Position
We are seeking a project manager to join our growing practice in either Berkeley or Los Angeles. The ideal candidate should be an independent self-starter who is comfortable taking on responsibility, is organized, and has the skills and experience to be focused and effective within the fast-paced demands of a consulting firm. The candidate will work on and oversee portions of a wide variety of projects currently underway at R+A, including general plans, specific plans, housing elements, and other planning documents, and help grow our comprehensive planning practice.
The position involves a range of responsibilities, including project management and leading physical planning, policy writing, and community engagement. Experience preparing housing elements is a plus. The ideal candidate will manage day-to-day project activities, including client communication, deliverable schedules, work products, and oversee and direct the work of other staff members and subconsultants. The candidate will significantly contribute to a variety of planning efforts, including writing, research, and policy development; developing and leading with public engagement activities, including workshops, focus groups, and advisory committees; and business development, including writing proposals and advanced marketing.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a cover letter, resume, and relevant work products (10 pages max) as soon as possible to [email protected]. Please reference “Project Manager-Planning” in the email. The position will remain open until filled. People of color and candidates with diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in planning, urban design, or closely related field
- Minimum of 8-12 years of relevant work experience in the planning field. A significant proportion of the experience must be work completed in California
- Experience working on a variety of planning projects including General Plans, Specific Plans, housing elements zoning codes, etc.
- Experience managing all aspects of planning projects, including budgets, schedules, and client communications
- Proven ability to lead a team of staff members and/or subconsultants
- Experience shaping and implementing public engagement programs in diverse communities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven collaborator and effective communicator
- Able to navigate complex environments with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative data analysis, mapping, and design
- Fluency in spoken and/or written Spanish is desired
Email: [email protected]Website:
Posted August 26, 2021, 9:58 AM PDT