Mid-Level Planner (Planner II)
SLR International Corporation is seeking a Mid-Level Planner to support senior staff in a team setting in one of our busy Connecticut offices. The candidate will work within a multidisciplinary team providing land use planning, zoning, demographic analysis and public outreach. Our project work includes comprehensive plans, housing plans, zoning analysis and drafting of regulations, area master plans, redevelopment plans and TOD plans, demographics and enrollment analysis and school redistricting plans.
Our planners approach every assignment with an appreciation for the uniqueness and vision of our clients and communities.
- Responsible for the analysis and preparation of comprehensive plans, studies, demographic analysis and master plans
- Conducting public outreach both in person and virtual
- Developing recommendations on diverse and complex planning assignments
- Master's degree in Planning or a closely related field
- Minimum of three years of experience in planning while gaining increasing responsibility
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certification preferred
- Strong understanding of the principles and practices of municipal planning
- Proficiency in Esri ArcGIS Desktop or Pro
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel by airplane and car, including overnight travel
Required Technical Skills
- Technical knowledge and experience in demographic, housing, land use, and economic analysis related to planning activities
- Prior experience in developing Comprehensive Plans, Master Plans, Housing Studies and other planning documents is a must
- Prior experience in interpreting and drafting zoning regulations is highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience in working with local officials, citizens, and nongovernmental organizations in traditional and virtual public outreach processes
- Quantitative analytical skills using Microsoft Excel and other related tools
- Well-developed ability to translate planning data into concise, easily understood materials for broad dissemination
Personal Attributes and Traits
- Critical thinking and strong communication skills (graphic, written, and interpersonal) are essential
- Efficient, thorough, detail oriented, and dedicated to quality work
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment across numerous disciplines
SLR is a professional consulting and advisory firm that has been advising clients for over 20 years. Starting as a UK business, we now operate as a global company with more than 1400 people delivering client solutions across five regions.
In the United States, SLR has nearly 500 employees located throughout 28 offices. Our team represents a broad and diverse range of technical and environmental capabilities. SLR’s professionals offer a blend of experience incorporating engineers, geologists, toxicologists, hydrogeologists, remediation specialists, regulatory and compliance specialists, and environmental scientists. We work for clients throughout our six primary business sectors: Oil and Gas, Mining, Industry, Infrastructure, Built Environment and Power.
Comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, orthodontia, vision, flexible spending account, generous PTO accrual, 10 paid holidays, 401(k) retirement account with company matching program, company paid life insurance, short & long term disability insurance, and employee assistance program.
SLR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer