Join our highly collaborate Planning team to be on the forefront of Medford's growth and development!
The City of Medford has an new full-time opportunity with a generous comprehensive benefit package for a Planner II or Planner III.
The Planner II/III reports to the Principal Planner, or designated staff and performs professional advanced level land use planning activities and duties with an emphasis on comprehensive planning duties and customer support in current planning.
Planner II/III are the second and third classifications in the four level Planner series. Planner III is distinguished from Planner II in that assigned duties are more complex and technical. The Planner III is expected to work with a higher degree of independence than the Planner II, and provide project management functions in coordination with the Principal Planner, Assistant Planning Director, and Planning Director. The Planner III must be comfortable presenting complex information on sometimes controversial issues to elected and appointed officials and the public at-large. The Planner III is expected to possess a higher level of content-area expertise, knowledge, and skill than the Planner II.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of professional planning experience, preferably in the public sector, to perform the job effectively; or
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in urban or regional planning or an area of study as deemed necessary, ideal, or required and/or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties.
- Possession of American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certificate
- Experience with Oregon land use laws and regulations
- Long range/comprehensive planning
- Demonstrated research skills
- Experience with technical writing and drafting code amendments
- Experience with ArcGIS, SketchUp and/or Adobe Illustrator
- Experience with grant writing and project management
Total Annual Compensation Package:
ABOUT THE CITY OF MEDFORD
Medford is one of the most beautiful areas of the Pacific Northwest and is located in Jackson County, Oregon. Situated in the heart of the scenic Rogue Valley, Medford, population 84,550, is the hub of Oregon's fourth-largest metropolitan area. Located along I-5 in southern Oregon, just 20 miles from the California border, Medford is surrounded by breathtaking mountains in a region featuring world-class outdoor recreation opportunities, including Crater Lake National Park and the Oregon Coast. As the largest city between Eugene and Sacramento, Medford is a growing city with a high quality of life, a growing economy and a moderate climate.
**Click here for Benefits Summary
- Medical, vision and dental benefits for employee and family, paid at 100% by the City with the opportunity to buy-up to a lower deductible plan
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance – policy value of $50,000 paid by the City
- Long-term disability insurance provided by the City
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA-VEBA) contributions provided by the City
- Oregon Public Employee Retirement System (PERS) is 100% fully paid as the City pays both the employer and the employee's (6%) Individual Account Program (IAP) contributions
- Deferred Compensation retirement plan (Section 457 Plan) for employee's retirement planning
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- The City has a fully equipped fitness center available 24 hours a day
- The City's Wellness Program promotes physical, social, emotional, intellectual, financial and environmental wellness with various goals and challenges to participate in throughout the year. Employees may qualify for wellness incentives by completing milestones set within the program.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
To Apply: A City of Medford employment application must be completed online via the City's website by 4:00 p.m. on closing date. **This position is open until filled; we will begin reviewing applications Wednesday, April 21, 2021 **