CHATHAM COUNTY-SAVANNAH METROPOLITAN PLANNING COMMISSION
The Chatham County–Savannah Metropolitan Planning Commission (MPC) is seeking qualified applicants for the position listed below:
Reports to: Director, Development Services
The purpose of this classification is to ensure compliance with the Zoning Ordinances and Development Regulations for Site Plans, Subdivisions, Zoning Map and Text Amendments, Special Uses and Variances. The successful candidate will perform complex analysis and makes staff recommendations.
The incumbents in this class handle the largest and most complex projects and have minimum of (3) three years of experience as a Planner. Desired characteristics include, but are not limited to, the ability to perform independently once directed, and the ability to be cross trained in other planning disciplines.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Urban or Regional Planning, Landscape Architecture, or a degree in a related field and (3) three years planning related experience, which may include 1 year of project management. A Master’s degree and experience with a local entity is preferred. Proficiency in GIS, Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Suite software also required.
Licensing: Valid State Driver’s License
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in various development review and pre-development meetings to provide information and guidance for community development goals, objectives, and initiatives; and provides professional and technical assistance and consultation regarding planning issues with industry professionals and the public. Works in coordination with local government planning and engineering staff in development plan review and updating of regulatory documents.
- Prepares a wide variety of materials, reports, and documentation for public hearings, various meetings, and board presentations; provides presentations to supervisors, boards, commissions, civic groups and the general public on planning and land use as directed.
- Evaluates and analyzes proposals and related data and information, evaluates land use, zoning, and transportation planning proposals to ensure compliance with applicable laws, codes, ordinances, and related regulatory standards; evaluates environmental, statistical, impact and related information and data; identifies non-compliance and adverse impacts; and recommends mitigation measures.
- Compiles, maintains and updates planning operational data; analyzes planning data; forecasts and identifies future planning, growth trends and challenges; evaluates impacts to proposed planning objectives and application to areas of responsibility; assists in development of planning improvements, and modifying proposed objectives accordingly.
- Participates in preparation and administration of state and federal grants, inter-local agreements, land development regulations, and special studies as directed; gathers data; conducts research; and prepares and submits related applications, documentation, and reports.
MPC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, M/F/H
All resumes shall be submitted to the attention of:
Pamela Everett, Assistant Executive Director, Compliance & Operations
[email protected] or 110 East State Street, Savannah, GA 31412
Open until filled