Planner I (Current Planning Focus)
The City of Henderson is excited to announce an examination to create an eligibility list and to fill one (1) vacancy for the classification of Planner I in the Current Planning Division in the Department of Community Development and Services. The eligibility list may be utilized to fill vacancies for this classification for up to one (1) year.
Under general supervision, conducts research and analysis on community development projects and issues; and performs related work as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Planning, or a closely related field; OR
- An Associate's Degree in Planning, or a closely related field, and two (2) years of experience conducting research and analysis on planning, zoning, or community development issues.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Nevada or "border state" driver's license as defined by NRS 483.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:
1) Completed Employment Application
2) Completed Supplemental Questionnaire
Oral Board Interview including Written Component (Weighted 100%) - Tuesday, April 20, 2021
(Best Qualified Candidates)
Selection Interview - Monday, April 26, 2021 and/or Tuesday, April 27, 2021
(Top Scoring Candidates)
The assessment and selection process for this position will take place on the dates listed above. All candidates who wish to be considered for this position will need to be available via Microsoft Teams to participate in the testing process at any time on any of the dates listed above.