CEQA/NEPA Project Planner
SWCA is providing the opportunity to work in one of the most dynamic, diverse, and forward-thinking urban environments in California. We are actively seeking to fill an intermediate level Environmental Planner position to help grow and expand our CEQA/NEPA services within Northern California. This position is a career growth opportunity to join SWCA's expanding CEQA/NEPA California practice, with increasing levels of responsibility. The role is a regular, full-time salaried position, reporting to one of SWCA's Project Managers in San Francisco, but can be located anywhere in Northern California. The qualified Environmental Planner would support a wide variety of urban projects in San Francisco and throughout the Bay Area and Northern California.
- Conduct background research and data collection on land use and environmental topics for CEQA and NEPA documents.
- Conduct site visits, including prepare land use surveys for projects located in urban environments.
- Prepare generalist sections of CEQA and NEPA documents such as analyzing impacts on land use, public services, and population and housing.
- Prepare understandable summaries of some technical environmental background studies prepared by technical experts, such as transportation and circulation, geology and soils, air quality, and/or noise.
- Work closely with project managers to produce CEQA and NEPA documents, compile and organize administrative records, and project files.
Bachelor's or master's degree in urban planning, environmental science, or a related field.
- At least three (3) years of experience with a public planning agency, an environmental consulting firm, or comparable experience, is preferred.
- Working knowledge of CEQA, NEPA, and other environmental laws and regulations required.
- Excellent organizational, oral, written, and analytical skills are required.
- Applicant must be able to work in a team environment, with strong multi- tasking skills and able to work on more than one project at a time, meeting tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to perform under high-pressure with schedule constraints.
- Ability to be flexible and willing to improve writing and analysis approaches Experience with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat Knowledge of GIS programs desirable.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full-spectrum of environmental services. Our Vision (the North Star) is to make SWCA the best workplace and industry leader in sustainability, bringing sound science and creative solutions to global environmental challenges while maintaining a dedication to employee-ownership. We live our core values: we collaborate as #OneSWCA; we are #AlwaysLearning, we #NeverSettle, and we #GiveBack. We are 100% employee-owned, and we build our success together. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms. We offer a supportive, team-oriented work environment and competitive wages and benefits, including an 100% employee stock ownership plan (retirement).
If you are seeking an opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions, then SWCA will be a great fit for you! If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please email [email protected] or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
SWCA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.