Land Use Planner
REPORTS TO: Program Manager or Regional Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct research and review and be familiar with multiple jurisdictional zoning ordinances as it pertains to wireless telecommunication facilities.
- Prepare preliminary zoning/permitting analyses in accordance with jurisdictional requirements.
- Provide site-specific design, zoning & permitting analyses for selected sites.
- Prepare zoning and permit applications.
- Review architectural drawings and other zoning collateral.
- Coordinate with architects, engineers and other interdisciplinary teams as needed to obtain zoning approval and building permits.
- Work diligently to expedite jurisdictional approval processes & project timelines. Understand and apply FCC Shot Clock.
- Attend and present at site design visits, community meetings and hearings.
- Effectively manage and communicate ongoing project status internally and to client.
- Completing zoning ordinance reviews.
- Reviewing zoning drawings prior to submittal for compliance with public agencies and client requirements.
- Knowledge of general wireless siting compliance and regulatory requirements and processes, including NEPA/SHPO, EME studies, ASTM/Phase 1
- Minimum 3 years of zoning & planning experience.
- Bachelors Degree in Urban & Regional Planning or related field
- Proven ability to define and manage team project goals
- Highly organized and have a talent for multi-tasking
- Self-motivated and have an uncompromising work ethic
- Possess superb written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills utilizing MS Outlook, and reports in MS Excel.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Local jurisdiction knowledge a plus.
- Wireless industry knowledge a plus.
- Self-motivated and have an uncompromising work ethic.
- Prior work experience with zoning and permitting in Wireless Industry
- Strong research and analytic skills
- We believe strongly in providing opportunities for growth for all our employees. Things change at lightning speed in our industry and it serves both employees and company to continually expand our knowledge to be ready for these changes. We value not just good work, but smart work—the drive and curiosity to explore new ways of doing things and to look for opportunities that others may have missed.
- Modus was the first wireless services company in the US to become a Certified B Corporation®. B Corps™ meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability, and aspire to use the power of markets to solve social and environmental problems. Collectively, B Corps lead a growing global movement of people using business as a force for good.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes performance bonuses, paid time off, company sponsored health insurance plan (medical/dental/vision), life & disability insurance, commuter benefits, and 401(k) plan.